Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

If a dog had a few drops of grape seed oil would it hurt m?

Customer Question

if a dog had a few drops of grape seed oil would it hurt him?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am happy to help you this evening. Great question! No grape seed oil is not toxic to dogs. It is used in a lot of dog products. This is surprising because grapes are otherwise toxic to some dogs but the grape seed oil is not. We do know that the toxic substance is contained within the skin of the grapes. So again, no grape seed oil will not hurt your dog.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!