Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My 9 year old dachhound has a skin problem, she is under a

Customer Question

My 9 year old dachhound has a skin problem, she is under a vets care, she got a shot last Thursday of CONVENIA, she was OK until today, I seen under her neck going down the left side, looks like she is bleeding there, I am scared, tried to get her vet today, she did not answer me, can I get any help here?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Good evening! I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. We sure do see our fair share of skin troubles in pets - I'm sorry that you're having a panic with Miss Molly - I'm here to help. We can chat until I've covered your concerns and hopefully set your mind at ease :)

Do you think that there's any way that you could attach a photo of her neck? You can do so by clicking the paper clip icon in the tool bar above the text entry box.

You can gently use warm compress to clean away any blood or debris to look at the skin a little closer if she'll allow you. Does it look like one of her typical hot spots? Is she itching that particular area a lot?

Thanks for the extra info :)

~Dr. Sara