Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My dog is pretty sick, I took her to the vets, she had a

Customer Question

My dog is pretty sick, I took her to the vets, she had a couple of shots. Won't eat anything, so cannot get her eat the anti-biotic tablets, can hardly walk
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Good evening - I'm Dr. Sara. I'm really sorry to hear that Coco isn't feeling well. I know that it can be scary when senior pets are ill.

What was your vet's assessment of her problem? Did he give any suggestion on what might be wrong? Is she better or worse since seeing the vet? Did the vet do any tests like X-rays or blood work, and do you have the results?

As a vet, I really want to know if my patients are getting worse rather than better after their visit, and if my clients are having trouble administering the medicine I need to know that too so that I can help them develop an alternate treatment plan. I'd call your vet as soon as you're able to update them on the situation.

Please let me know the answers to those other questions I asked - I think it'll help me understand her situation tremendously and give you an idea of what may be happening and what we can do.

Thanks!

~Dr. Sara