DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

I believe my puppy has parvo. Its sunday 2 am. And I have to

Customer Question

I believe my puppy has parvo. Its sunday 2 am. And I have to near vet to go to thats open at least. I've googled everything, and given her pedyalite, pepto, and antibiotics. Its been going on for 2 hours. She just stopped bleading. She cries at times, just resting. What can I do? Is it a good sign that she hasn't bleed in about 30 minutes now?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry you have had to wait so long for a response and I am so sorry that Mia is not feeling well. The best things you can do for parvo are to maintain hydration as best as possible with small volumes of pedialyte or water given orally frequently...as opposed to large amounts less frequently. She may not have any more bloody stool because she is dehydrated. Antibiotics will not help as this is a virus and it may upset her liver and kidneys so discontinue use of the antibiotics. Hydration is the key. Water down human chicken baby food to geta little bit of food into her as well....only very tiny amounts. Get to a vet as soon as you can. Best of luck.