Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
My name is***** The medication you are describing are for blood pressure control in humans. These drugs can also cause low blood pressure in animals if given at too high a dose. I would recommend calling the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center. They are your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888)(###) ###-####/strong>. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card. They will ask you the name of the product as well as any listed ingredient and will tell you if the product is toxic and if you should rush your pet to the nearest veterinarian.
Good luck to you and Baylee,
I hope this answer helps you. Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.
Kansas State University
College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001