Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

Our 9 week old puppy had worms in s stool. We gave m a dose

Customer Question

Our 9 week old puppy had worms in his stool. We gave him a dose of safe-guard 4(fenbendazole) per instructions. He vomited 3 or 4 times over the last few hours and is eating quite a bit of grass and dry heaving on occasion. The pup is a 9 week old black lab. Is this normal? Thanks for any feedback
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and no this is not normal. Usually if anything you might see a little loose stool with a dewormer. If you gave the dewormer on an empty stomach then it could have caused this but it is not common. I would be more concerned that internal parasites or some virus or even a foreign body would cause vomiting.If the drug did this it will be self limiting.....it won't last in other words, but if the vomiting continues then you definitely have something more serious going on like a viral infection or foreign body ingestion. Please by all means let me know if you have any other questions I can answer. I hope this helps you. I check my computer each night so if you have other questions feel free to leave them here. Most sIncerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I was checking back in with you to see if you had any further question or concerns.Most Sincerely, DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr B
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Please hit rate this question as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much, DRB