Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

Yesterday, My 11 year old silky terrier was diagnosed with

Customer Question

Yesterday, My 11 year old silky terrier was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and also gas a urinary tract infection. Vet is also concerned about liver issues. Today she is lethargic and is breathing in short breaths - 50 breaths in one minute. Can I hold off and take her to the vet tomorrow?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about Nikki and her issues. I am happy to help you this evening. Unfortunately with her age and the fact she is breathing rapidly and she is lethargic it is not recommended to wait until morning. She should really be seen tonight to figure out what is going on and to start treatments as necessary. The concern with waiting is that these issues can progress and it may be to late to treat effectively in the morning. So it is best to get her seen tonight and have treatment started now instead of later. Breathing is always alarming when it changes because this can be a sign of more serious disease.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!