Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My little dog has been prescribed cyclosporin tear duct

Customer Question

my little dog has been prescribed cyclosporin for a tear duct issue in her eyes.......we have tried endlessly with no success to get the drops in her eyes. is there an oral solution for the problem............we're afraid we are going to hurt her trying to get these in.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

While treating the eyes directly with Cyclosporine is the treatment of choice, dog compliance is a common issue. Therefore, if Keeta just won't allow you to treat her in this way, then it would be worth speaking to her vet about Atopica. This is an oral version of Cyclosporine and can be used to manage autoimmune tear duct disease for situations like this.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )