Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog just swallowed 4 Carprofen 75mg pills. (he is

Customer Question

My dog just swallowed 4 Carprofen 75mg pills. (he is supposed to have 1/2 pill every morning and every night). Is this enough of a dose to make him sick?
Thanks.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Since I am assuming that your guy is around 30-40 pounds this is an overdose which can cause his digestive tract and stomach great harm. If this has been ingested within 2 hrs, Induce vomiting by giving him Hydrogen peroxide at 1 tablespoon per 5 pounds of his weight....you can safely do this 3 times before he vomits. This will remove everything in his stomach so this will be curative. Wait till the evening to feed your guy since he may still have some residual nausea.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****