How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Loretta Your Own Question
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 28119
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Loretta is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog just swallowed 4 Carprofen 75mg pills. (he is

Customer Question

My dog just swallowed 4 Carprofen 75mg pills. (he is supposed to have 1/2 pill every morning and every night). Is this enough of a dose to make him sick?
Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Since I am assuming that your guy is around 30-40 pounds this is an overdose which can cause his digestive tract and stomach great harm. If this has been ingested within 2 hrs, Induce vomiting by giving him Hydrogen peroxide at 1 tablespoon per 5 pounds of his weight....you can safely do this 3 times before he vomits. This will remove everything in his stomach so this will be curative. Wait till the evening to feed your guy since he may still have some residual nausea.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****