Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 3 year old springer spaniel has a water balloon type mass

Customer Question

My 3 year old springer spaniel has a water balloon type mass under the skin of his chest. It is getting very large in the course of 5 days. We took him to the vet when it was the size of a quart ziploc bag. The vet said it was a bruise and it should become firm and absorb back into his body but now it is much larger.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Where on his chest is this located? Up by his throat or lower?

Did his vet sample the fluid in the mass to confirm their suspicion?

Any history of trauma in that area?

Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?

Are his gums pink or pale/white?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.