Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My Great Dane temp is 37.6c started being sick couple days

Customer Question

My Great Dane temp is 37.6c started being sick couple days ago yesterday showed signs of labour all day and night licking herself shivering, making bed not eating, then during then day yesterday it seemed to stop but she still wasn't herself, sat up again with her last night she made a bed again shivering but that's all and no interest I. Food and very quite which isn't her , do I still leave her to it or start to worry , my spaniel was to the book many thanks
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me. I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Great Dane. I am sorry I was not online until now.

I assume you are saying that she is pregnant? Do you know how far along she is, how many days since she was bred? Does she have milk yet? What signs of labor is she showing; is she having contractions?

I have always been told by the reproduction specialists that if there are contractions for 45 minutes without a puppy being born, it is time to see the vet, have her checked. I would have an exam done to see if her cervix is open, and if it is, injections could be tried to get contractions started.

Please let me know how she is doing. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is Lulu doing?