Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Hello, my name is***** and I have over 20 years of experience as a veterinarian. I am sorry to hear that your little one Daisy ingested 3-4 4gram glucose tablets. Dogs have a huge sweet tooth, so this really isn't surprising.
If Daisy is healthy otherwise this one time ingestion of a large amount of sugar should not be a problem for her. She may have slightly loose stools from eating a large quantity of sugar, but her body will otherwise handle this just fine.
Do make sure that she has plenty of water to drink, but other than that you don't need to do anything.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.