Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Veterinary Questions
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!The symptoms of anemone ingestion can vary greatly: Irritating to the mucus membranes, and can cause blisters, hemorrhagic gastritis, shock, convulsions, and death.Because it is irritating to the gums, gi tract, skin it would not be advised to induce vomiting because it can cause ulcerations and irritation of the esophagus and oral cavity on the way up.If you are suspicious that this did occur I would consider a veterinary er to dose Oscar with a gastrointestinal protectant such as sucralfate and activated charcoal which would adsorb toxins in the anemone and hopefully prevent more serious consequences of this potential ingestion.I apologize, I do tend to try to assist as much as possible in this format but this is one situation that I would consider a veterinary er as a precaution to minimize Oscar's side effects from this ingestionPlease let me know how else I can assist you both today. I hope he has no issues with this ingestion!
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. How is Oscar doing? I would love an update!
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!