Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My Vet just informed us our dog, Nova Scotia Duck Toller,

Customer Question

My Vet just informed us our dog, Nova Scotia Duck Toller, has an enlarged heart. He is we think 11 years old (he was a rescue.The Vet wants to do and ultrasound on Monday. Should I stay with her or go to a Vet. Cardiologist? I am traumatized over all this and don't know what to do. This is my child.
Submitted: 1 year ago via Dog-Health-Guide.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

I am very sorry to hear about Smackerdoodle diagnosis. In this situation, if you have the option to see a veterinary cardiologist, this is highly advisable. These veterinary specialists are specifically trained in cardiology and work exclusively on cardiac cases. They will be better equipped to scan his heart, interpret all his tests, and decide what treatments to have him on. And being under their care, will give him a better chance of stability with his condition as well as ensure that you are making the best treatment decisions for his heart and him. If you wish to find a local cardiologist, your can check HERE as well as speak to your vet. They won't be offended and will able to refer you directly to have him seen and ensure he gets the best case possible.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Very informative. Thank you. ***** best! 10
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, my dear. :)

Best wishes to Smackerdoodle (which is a great name!) & yourself,

Dr. B.