Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

I have a toy poodle I bought a couple weeks ago. she was

Customer Question

I have a toy poodle I bought a couple weeks ago. she was born june 1st of this year. I have gotten wormer from the vet. I have not taken her back for her shots yet cause I can not afford it right now. she has been crying and digging at her ears for about 3 to 4 days now. I have tweezed the hair out of her ears but im pretty sure she has a infection in them and possibly yeist. they are really bothering her and I hate that I can not afford to take her to the vet. is there anything I can do at home to take away her discomfort? I do have some prescription ear drop the dr gave my son when he had a ear ache could I use the on her I know the drops contain a antibiotic
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why have I not received a answer to my question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I ma so sorry that it has taken so long to get your answer. I am also sorry that I cannot do a phone call because of teh area that I live with limited access but I would like to help.

Toy poodles often have ear infections because there is hair inside the canal keeping the area moist and warm, a great environment for bacteria to grow. The best thing to us is SWimmers Ear, that can be purchased over the counter at the human pharmacy. Apply a few drops to each, ear, massage ir down and then take a kleenex and wipe out the excess. Do this every 6-8 hrs and this will bring the bacteria to the surface and dry out this area so the bacteria cannot grow. You may need to take your gal to your vet for an exam since this may not be curative and may require antibiotics. I hesitate to recommend the ear drops for your son because it may not be the correct antibiotic for your sweet girl.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bailey. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta