How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Amanda Your Own Question
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 799
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Amanda is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog (75pds lab) just ate 12 energy gel packets. They say

Customer Question

my dog (75pds lab) just ate 12 energy gel packets. They say they are all natural, with 25 grams of caffeine each.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- How many hours since he ate them?

2- Did he/she also eat the wrappers?

3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, it seems you have gone offline. I will opt out so that if you do come back another expert can help you; I will be going offline now, sorry.

Dr. Peter

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 year ago.

Hi,

My name is***** I know that your dog is hopefully recovered after eating the energy gel packets but I wanted to share some information with you about Animal Poison Control. Keep this information close by, as you may need their help in the future:

ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center: They are your best resource for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you think that your pet may have ingested a potentially poisonous substance, call (888)(###) ###-####/strong>. A $65 consultation fee may be applied to your credit card. They will ask you the name of the product as well as any listed ingredient and will tell you if the product is toxic and if you should rush your pet to the nearest veterinarian.

Best regards, ***** ***** this answer helps you. If it does, please consider rating it.

Amanda Mouradian, DVM

Kansas State University, College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001