Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My neighbor has a large dog that is older and has arthritis.

Customer Question

Hi, My neighbor has a large dog that is older and has arthritis. Her dog tries to get up from a laying position but cannot get traction on her wooden floors so the dog's legs splay out. My neighbor is a senior who lives alone and is unable to pick up her dpg. Can you suggest a good traction rug she can lay out in her hallway? Thank you
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

It is very kind of you to look into this for your neighbor.

There are two options, one is a toe grip that you actually put on the nails and will help aid in preventing slipping when standing up:

toegrips.com

There are socks to use for dogs as well:

http://woodrowwear.com

And then there are matts to use throughout the house:

http://www.carpetsaver.com/pets-carpet-floor-protector-rug-pad.htm

I hope this information is helpful but please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am online another 15 minutes then will be away from my computer for a few hours. I will respond as soon as I am able if I miss you...

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Hi Linda,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Rusty. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman