Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My 6 yr old rottie started to just yelp in pain once every

Customer Question

My 6 yr old rottie started to just yelp in pain once every few days and jump up and run to me. He is neutered and has been checked with all nloodwork and X-rays. Nothing. Put on pain med n muscle relaxer. Did good for few months. Starting again
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear that Stitch is not feeling well.

Most likely this is caused by an unstable disc in his back...this does not show on routine xrays or blood work and the fact that he had an episode previous, tells us that this disc is again unstable causing Stitch sudden shots of pain. For now, the best thing you can do is to give Stitch aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs and keep him as immobile as possible. This will help decrease the inflammation that is causing this sharp pain and stabilze the disc. Have your vet examine Stitch again...the pain relievers your vet has are much stronger.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****