How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Drew Your Own Question
Dr. Drew
Dr. Drew, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 16844
Experience:  Small Animal Medicine and Surgery
6340741
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Drew is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a border terrier (17 lb) who ate a small reeses cup

Customer Question

Hi I have a border terrier (17 lb) who ate a small reeses cup yesterday morning. She seemed fine throughout the day but later in the evening I noticed that she drank more water than usual and did vomit twice throughout the night. Her behavior seems normal (except for drinking water more). Should I be concerned?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Drew replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'll be happy to help. The amount of chocolate contained in that product is not high enough to cause risks of chocolate toxicity for your terrier. Digestive upset is all that would be expected from this situation, so I don't think you need to worry.