Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My yoke just ate a block of mouse poised what should I do

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. Do you have the packaging to tell me what the active ingredient is? If he just ate it, then if you can get him to an ER clinic right now, they can give him an injection to induce vomiting and to then give him activated charcoal to reduce that amount that is absorbed. If an owner can't get to the vet immediately, then inducing vomiting at home can be done to get some out. Here is a link on that.

http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/diseases-conditions-of-dogs/emergency-trauma-urgent-care/how-to-induce-vomiting-emesis-in-dogs

Some of the poisons cause bleeding issues while others can cause neurologic issues. Knowing which one is involved then determines what the next step is.

Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?