Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I have a bulldog that is throwing up water and undigested

Customer Question

I have a bulldog that is throwing up water and undigested food. This is the third dog over the course of several years with the same symptoms. What scares me is the other two died. I don't want history to repeat itself. I took the other two to a vet but they were misdiagnosed and they died. I live in a small town and I have limited access to a up to date vet. I tried to think of something that all three dogs would be exposed to that my inside dogs aren't. the only thing I can come up with is either a plant or cider shavings. Do you have any suggestions?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

How long has he been showing signs?

Can he keep any water down?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Any changes to his thirst, urination or stools?

Could he have eaten anything he should not have (ie bones, stones, socks, toys, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Did you mean cedar shavings?

What plants does he specifically have access to?