Dr. Emily
Dr. Emily, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at a small animal clinic
77376308

Past couple of days, my dog has been acting very funny. At

Customer Question

For the past couple of days, my dog has been acting very funny. At night, she jis restless and constantly moves to get comfortable to no success. She'll also pace to get comfortable on the couch and then my bed. At first, I thought it was because she needed to go out. Nothing out of the ordinary. She's eating okay and her stools are normal. She's also not exhibiting any symptoms of bloat. What is up?!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** I am sorry to hear about the troubles with Macy. My concern would be if she has a minor strain/sprain or muscle pull especially in the region of her back. Does she show any signs of pain when touched in certain areas or when picked up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No signs of pain or tenderness when touched or being picked up. She is just restless. Macy has had anal gland problems before, could this be it? She's also stopped eating her kibble and is now only doing treats.
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 1 year ago.

Yes, anal glands can certainly be the problem. It would be more obvious if the anal gland is already ruptured. Do you see any discharge around the rectal area? Any licking or scooting? If the gland is full but not ruptured yet, it will be very much a nuisance but less obvious physically. A rectal exam would be needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No scooting or licking. Taking her to get them expressed this evening and hope that she can sleep tonight.
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 1 year ago.

It looks like our question was never rated. Did your dog's issues resolve after our conversation? Please remember to rate our service.