Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My mini Yorkie may have eaten some chicken in the back yard

Customer Question

My mini Yorkie may have eaten some chicken in the back yard that I had sprayed with
raid ant and roach killer. What should I watch for and/or do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Did she have any drooling?

How is her appetite? Any vomiting or diarrhea?

What was the listed active ingredient in the product you have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Active ingred: imiprothin. 0.060% and Cypermethrin. 0.100%..I bathed her last night to negate any possible contact residue so she wouldn't lick herself anymore. Shows no symptoms that you describe. Aye and drank normally this morning
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I am very glad to hear that she has eaten and drank without issue and is showing no signs. This is very positive and suggests that she didn't ingest a significant amount of the spray. If she had, we'd expect to have seen seen drooling, GI upset (vomiting, diarrhea, appetite loss), lethargy, and wobbliness. In severe cases, we can also see twitching, tremors, and seizures. But again if you have seen none of the signs I asked about and it has been a good few hours since exposure, then we'd not be worried here for her. We'd want to keep an eye for the 24 hours after her exposure but would expect this to do no harm.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today.Thank you! : )

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much! Have an awesome day!
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

All the best to both of you & a great day too. :)

Dr. B.