Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I just got home from vacation and my golden retrievers ear

Customer Question

I just got home from vacation and my golden retrievers ear is very swollen and feels like it is filled with fluid, there was slight swelling before I left and I thought he had gotten bit by a bug.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- Is the swelling on the pinnae (floppy part)?

2- Both ears or one ear?

3- Can you look inside both ears for evidence of an infection like: Redness, bad odor, discharge, etc?