Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

My dog is 15 years old. Took m to a new Vet, ghly

Customer Question

my dog is 15 years old. Took him to a new Vet, highly recommended . My dog had a bad skin disease, and I had taken him to several Vets, but his condition would come back after medication was finished. All the vets I took him to treated him for ear infection, they would lightly clean his ears, and then prescribe an ear wash to clean the external pinnaes. So the new Vet tells me that he has a chronic ear infection again. She said she was going to clean his ears & put some antibiotic in them She sent her assistant, and she proceeded to clean his ears with those long cotton swabs, she must have used about 30 of them, and I must admit that he had a lot of nasty stuff in them, then she put the antibiotic with a plastic syringe way inside the ear. That's when my dog went crazy, and started spinning uncontrollable, and his eyes were going from side to side. We called the doctor in and she got scared, said this has never happen before. She started looking on the websites and calling other Doctors, and they told her that it would subside and to give him some motion sickness medicine. Well we left the doctors office feeling somewhat confused, and she said that he should be all right, in about a week, it's been two weeks and my dog has gotten worse, the eyes are no longer going back and fourth, but he can hardly stand, and sometimes topples over like a cow. His head goes back & fourth. Will this get better? I think that there was some kind of nerve damage to my dog. My dog had no problems with walking or standing. In fact I live in a duplex, and he would climb the stairs every day like nothing. Doctor what happen to my dog
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Shorty. I'm so sorry he isn't doing well, but glad you're looking for the information you need.

You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY. That way we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided and are happy to give me a positive rating.

So I may know that you are online and available to chat, please type in a short reply. It's important that I know you understand how the website works and that you will eventually need to give me a good rating in order for me to be compensated before I type in a lengthy reply. Rest assured you will have my full attention after you reply, and I will continue the conversation until you're happy to give me positive feedback.
Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

It appears you are not currently online and available to discuss your question about Shortie. I'm so sorry I missed the chance to have a live conversation with you and answer your question.

I will opt out now so your question will be available to other experts when you return online. Then you will be able to get the information you are looking for.

Thank you.