Dr. Emily
Dr. Emily, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at a small animal clinic
77376308

My do Ferris e one of my lamictal before I could pick them

Customer Question

My do Ferris e one of my lamictal before I could pick them up off floor. H is a 11old jack-chi weight approx 10-12 lbs. The med is 100mg
Thank you ***@******.***
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** How long ago did your dog eat the pill?

Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 1 year ago.

At lower doses in dogs we can see mild signs such as lethargy, ataxia (stumbled walking), and vomiting. Paradoxical excitation is possible in your dog due to his smaller size and that amount that was ingested. At much higher dosages (>20-30 mg/kg, significant cardiovascular effects can be seen). Signs are expected within 4 h and may persist up to 48 h (milder signs generally = faster return to normal). Because your dog did get into that larger dose range, it would be best to induce vomiting if this occurred in the last 2 hours. You can do this at home with hydrogen peroxide 3% (10 ml by mouth, twice within 15 minutes if no vomiting occurs after the first dose) or it would be best to go to a veterinary clinic if one is open in your area.