Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dogs nose is stuffed up and its hard to breath. The

Customer Question

Hello, my dogs nose is stuffed up and its hard for her to breath. The inside of her nose is pink
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Because of your sweet Chloe's age, it is hard to know if this congestion is related to a primary nasal issue or other conditoins that have this as a secondary condition. The best thing you can try for Chloe, if this is a minor nasal issue is to give her Benadryl at 1 mg per pound every 12 hrs. This will relieve congestion if this is related to allergies. If this is only a small help, then your vet will have to perform testing, lab work and further diagnostics to determine the cause and treat according to these results. Until the testing is done, there is no way for your vet to know how to help your sweet Chloe.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****