Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My husband took our 7 year old silky terrier to the beach.

Customer Question

My husband took our 7 year old silky terrier to the beach. She ran and chased her ball and every other ball that was thrown...she will run til she drops! This has been over a month ago. When they got home she was tired, she ate, drank a couple bowls of water and I gave her a bath. No limping. She then took a nap and when she got up she began to limp holding her rear right leg up, after a couple of days I took her to the vet, he found no problem. She did stop limping after a few days and seemed to be fine for a few days, then limping again. Today she is holding her back right leg up, as if it bent at the knee. I even took her to my chiropractor a week ago she adjusted slightly, and the dog seemed better for a few days. She doesn't seem to be in pain, she jumps up on the couch to bark at people going by as normal, she's begging for food like normal. I know this sounds all over the place, but I'm concerned and at a loss. When I pull and poke or press her foot she just looks at me, maybe resists a tiny bit. Help please?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am sorry for the delay in response. If you would like to continue can you please answer a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any pre existing medical conditions?

2- Since posting the question is she still not bearing weight on the limb?

3- Did your vet take xrays?

4- Did they do an orthopedic examination under sedation?

5- Did your vet send her home with any medications?

There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.