Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Our dog is acting very hyper tonight. She's very restless,

Customer Question

Our dog is acting very hyper tonight. She's very restless, we went up to bed, and she started barking, and wants my husband around her. My husband is currently going through chemo, could this be affecting her?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Yes, i do believe that Hazel is feeling the effects of the stress in your house and is reacting this way due to fear. The best thing you can do to help her is to purchase a DAP Collar at the pet store. This is a canine pheromone that acts as a calming agent and will help decrease Hazel's anxiety and fear due to the stress. Take her for more walks and pay more attention to her. She is afraid due to the changes and this is a way to help hr past this.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

I'm just following up on our conversation about Hazel. How is everything going?
Dr. Loretta