Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

Rescued a female puppy mill breeding dog. Not eating days,

Customer Question

Rescued a female puppy mill breeding dog. Not eating for 3 days, drinks some, not urinating, has what looks like necrosis along her c-section scar and in other places on her belly. Belly is firm and distended, low energy, no panting, no licking. Cut nails and now she'll walk a few steps and stop and lay down. Tolerates and gently seeks affection.
I'm taking her to urgent care in the morning unless you think she's in pain.
Do you think she's having pain? Is she dying?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Wendy. I'm so sorry she isn't doing well, but glad you're looking for the information you need.
You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY. That way we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided and are happy to give me a positive rating.
So I may know that you are online and available to chat, please type in a short reply. It's important that I know you understand how the website works and that you will eventually need to give me a good rating in order for me to be compensated before I type in a lengthy reply. Rest assured you will have my full attention after you reply, and I will continue the conversation until you're happy to give me positive feedback.
Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

It appears you are not currently online and available to discuss your question. I'm sorry I missed the opportunity to have a live conversation with you. I will opt out so your question will be open to other experts when you return online. I do hope you find the information you are looking for and get Wendy the medical care she appears to urgently need right away.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi.