Dr. Alleyne
Dr. Alleyne, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Veterinary Associate at Acres Mill Veterinary Clinic
87969507

My Shih Tzu had what we thought was an ear infection. She

Customer Question

My Shih Tzu had what we thought was an ear infection. She went to the vet was given antibiotics and steroids. She stopped being off balance and held her head straight. She was fine. That was the beginning of July. Now She sounds congested. You can hear the "rumble" when she breaths. She is again off balance alittle bit. And it sounds like she is trying to hock up something. We are not in our home town, and I'm freaked out. She has not been eating hardly anything since we got here Tuesday. She is drinking. She has an appointment with her vet this Tuesday, and we are going home tomorrow. What ddo you think?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. I just have a few questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is she coughing at all? Does she seem warm to the touch? Any history of heart problems that you know of?