Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Omg, I just got done cleaning my dogs ears. And started to

Customer Question

Omg, I just got done cleaning my dogs ears. And started to feed her. And she started to lean to the left. She has had a urinary infection before that can cause kidney stones. Over the last few weeks she's been going pee consistently even a few drops here. She pees like 15 times when she goes outside. Some diarrhea but not always. She can't lay down right now Cuz it's not comfortable. She's looks like she has a kink in her neck! Omg, please advise!!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was on food to prevent it from happening again, but was able to get off of it when she proved not to have any more signs of it.She is barking so she can breath. One ear is higher than the other. She still want to eat.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

First, I would note that her urinary signs do sound suspicious of a bladder infection, therefore it would be best to have a urine sample +/- her checked at this stage as antibiotics may be required.

Otherwise, the main concern at the moment is her head tilt. In this situation, it sounds like you have either damaged her ear drum while cleaning the ear. Or if she already had a tear in the membrane and you used a cleaner that wasn't safe for the middle ear, then this could be the cause of what we are seeing. And of course in either case, any external ear infection could spread inwards to cause her issue.

In this case, while neither is a true emergency, we'd want her seen urgently. Her vet can evaluate her urine, determine if it is crystals/stones or an infection. Depending on their findings, she can be started on dog safe pain relief +/- antibiotics. In regards ***** ***** ear, while you can gently flush this with cool water, we may need her vet to check the ear drum to assess the damage. If it is due to ototoxicity from the ear cleaner, then flushing may be all that is required. But if there is infection as well, this will need treating to keep it out of the middle ear and help her recover from this.

Overall, these would be our concerns for her signs. Therefore, both need to be checked once her vet is open to help address this and get her back to normal.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kristal,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Ella. How is everything going?
nekovet