Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My wife had her wisdom teeth pulled and the dog were house

Customer Question

My wife had her wisdom teeth pulled and the dog were house sitting ( a polmaraniu) ate one of the galls bandages they had packed into her tooth cavity, it was lying on the nitestand and the dog ate it, should we be concerned
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

If Rocky is a small dog, Pomeranian perhaps, then this is a potential obstruction for him.

If Rocky ingested this within the last few hours then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.

If there is no vomiting then you have the option of going to a veterinary er to give stronger medications to induce vomiting or hoping it will pass by giving a few pieces of bread and increased leash walks x 24-48 hours, monitoring for it coming out the other end.

But if he has any vomiting past the few hours and has not brought up the gauze then I would strongly urge a veterinary exam to rule out a potential obstruction. In addition, lethargy, reduced appetite and diarrhea should be monitored for.

I hope this makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! I hope Rocky is not showing any issues of ingesting the gauze and I would love an update when you are able...

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Hi Fred,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Rocky. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman