Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My coker (3 yr) had blood in stool about 10 days ago. vet

Customer Question

my coker (3 yr) had blood in stool about 10 days ago. vet gave probiotic. i gave her chic and rice and it improved soft stool but when i add some of her dry food and a teaspoon of pumpkin it gets soft again but chic and rice seems binding. blood disappeared and now returned. it is bright red and i think maybe her dura or benebone splinters and scratches her to cause the blood. can i give her a teaspoon of olive oil to help her go while on chick and white rice? otherwise she seems fine. what is a good diet for now. thank you. geri schork it seems that she has some urgencey in going because she poops at night on floor having a soft stool. i think she might get cramps because she needs to go. she ate a piece of raw carrott yesterday and i'm thinking it was too rough on her gut. whatcan i feed her?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- I am a bit confused, is she straining now and unable to defecate? If so, when was the last time she had a bowel movement and was it soft or hard?