Dr. Emily
Dr. Emily, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate veterinarian at a small animal clinic
77376308

Our 8 year old lab had surgery this morning to remove a

Customer Question

Hi. Our 8 year old lab had surgery this morning to remove a cancerous skin tumor. We picked him up from the vet's at 3 PM. As of this moment (11 PM) he is still almost completely out of it. Won't raise his head, can't stand up...will thump his tail when we talk to him, but that's it. Made a call to the vet earlier this evening ... She said if breathing was steady and gums pink, he should come around in time....However, I'm still concerned. Could the anesthetic still be having that much of an effect? Or is it possible he's had some sort of post surgical stroke?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Emily replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that a veterinarian was not available when you submitted your question. I am online now if you have further questions. I wanted to see how things have progressed over the past day or two.