Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I HAVE THREE DOGS ALL ABOUT 100 LBS EACH. THEY GOT INTO SOME

Customer Question

I HAVE THREE DOGS ALL ABOUT 100 LBS EACH. THEY GOT INTO SOME MEDICINE. 2 PENTASA CAPSLES ARE MISSING ONE PROBIOTIC AND ONE LOW DOSE 35 MG ASPRIN WILL THESE HURT THEM LIKE I SAID IM NOT SURE IF THEY ATE THEM AND IF SO WHO.. 2 OF THEM ARE 6 YEARS OLD AND ONE IS 2 YEARS OLD. THEY LIKE TO REMOVE LIDS FROM THINGS,, THANK YOU
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome.

My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.

1. The great thing is that you have quite large dogs, I have checked out their weight against the toxicity of the drugs you mention. The good news is that even if one of your dogs ate one probiotic + one low dose aspirin + the 2 Pentasa all at once then there would be nothing to worry about as this is well below any toxic dose.

2. There is nothing special you need do in these circumstances except just keep an eye on your dogs, they should be just fine ...

I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dogs are getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the human drugs they may have taken.

How are things going?

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are all doing great. Thank you so much for the peace of mind. I guess I'm happy I have big dogs.

No problem, very glad to have advised you, I thought they would be OK ...

Kindest regards,

Dr Scott