jadedangel57
jadedangel57, owner
Experience:  breeder/ vet assistant.
2361900

I HAVE A 1 WEEK OLD PUPPY WHO IS BOTTLE FED AND HAS

Customer Question

I HAVE A 1 WEEK OLD PUPPY WHO IS BOTTLE FED AND HAS DIFFICULTY WITH TRAPPED WINDAFTER HE IS FED WHAT WILL HELP
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 1 year ago.

JaCustomer,

My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today.

to help remove trapped air from the bottle, you can put a pup up to your shoulder and gently pat the pups back and burp the pup much like a baby. Some breeders will user beano or gas-x as well though I don't like to use that on very young pups. If you do, use the infant drops and only use a drop or two. Burping works pretty well, and that is what I would recommend you do.

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer.

Hi Yvonne,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Peppi. How is everything going?
jadedangel57