Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog is having rectal bleeding. We were on a walk when I

Customer Question

My dog is having rectal bleeding. We were on a walk when I noticed it. I would estimate about a half to 1 teaspoon (with his defecation). He is not bleeding now. My husband said he had a bone last night (possible cause?). He does not seem to be in any pain, and, in fact, was happy on the walk and is running around now.
Does this need an emergency pet clinic visit tonight or can we just keep an eye on him?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- Type and size of bone he ate?

2- To make sure I got this right, you saw blood with the stool, correct?

3- Any other symptoms?

4- How much does he weigh?

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Brando. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter