Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My corgi has dark spots on s back and in s groin area. He is

Customer Question

My corgi has dark spots on his back and in his groin area. He is constantly licking and rolling around trying to scratch. He had a cortisone shot two weeks ago that hasn't helped at all. I just gave him an oatmeal bath. His fur is so thick I can't determine how widespread this is. He has been swimming in our pool but he had lesser symptoms before swimming in late May. Any suggestions?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a photo of Rodney's affected skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if that icon is visible) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

A poor response to a steroid which is usually effective in pruritic (itchy) dogs usually indicates the presence of infection that needs to be addressed with the appropriate antibiotic.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Rodney. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not been able to maneuver this website easily. I tried to respond last Friday and couldn't scroll down. So your response might have helped. But I cannot rate your help because the site was either not working correctly or was too complicated for me. Sorry, I took my Corgi to a vet. Thanks but I don't feel as though I should pay for this.

I understand. Please contact***@******.*** who will help you.