Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog seems to have a small growth on her bottom right eye

Customer Question

Hello, my dog seems to have a small growth on her bottom right eye lid. This morning it began to bleed a little I think she may have rubbed it. What could this be and does it need to be removed?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It is not uncommon for dogs to get small benign tumors on their eyelids, especially if they are a bit older. These are only removed when they interfere with function or when they ulcerate due to irritation such as what your girl has done by rubbing it. Take her to your vet to have this removed before it gets even larger and can cause her even more problems such as a corneal ulcer on her eye.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****