Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

What kind of Dog pesticide to cure all my dogs. They are

Customer Question

What kind of Dog pesticide to cure all my dogs. They are infected with this small live lice or some kind insect that are sticking on the wall of my perimeter?
Tim
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am very sorry to hear about Brownie and the parasites she has on her fur. I am happy to help you this evening. With these types of parasites on dogs fur I have not found a lot of success treating them with many medications. One that I have had success with using is a topical medication called Revolution. This is a prescription medication though that you will need to purchase through your vet or get through an online pharmacy with a prescription. But it works very well and treats a wide variety of these parasites that live on the skin and fur or skin of dogs. The other medications that treat fleas and ticks do not treat many other parasites but Revolution is a great product that will treat fleas, ticks, and many different mites. Although it may not be on the label, veterinarians have used it for mites like this for quite a while. Definitely should give this medication a try!

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. I am happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response for the time I have spent so I receive credit. Thank you!