Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

How does it take Quellin and Tramadol to start work in my

Customer Question

How long does it take Quellin and Tramadol to start work in my dog? She is on her third dose of Quelin and 4th dose of Tramadol. She seemed to be doing better this morning but seems to be in a lot more pain this afternoon. Is this normal. She eating and drink a little but not as much as usually.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Maddie. I'm so sorry she isn't doing well, but glad you're looking for the information you need.

You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY. That way we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided and are happy to give me a positive rating.

So I may know that you are online and available to chat, please type in a short reply. It's important that I know you understand how the website works and that you will eventually need to give me a good rating in order for me to be compensated before I type in a lengthy reply. Rest assured you will have my full attention after you reply, and I will continue the conversation until you're happy to give me positive feedback.
Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

It appears you are not currently online to have a discussion with me while I answer your question, I'm so sorry I missed the chance to have a live chat with you.

In the meantime, I will tell you that both of these medications start to work within 45 minutes of administration. Additionally, their effects at relieving pain will build up over time as regular administration is continued over the first few doses (days).

If Maddie still appears to be in pain in spite of taking the first few doses of her medication as prescribed, it's most likely that she needs more, different, or stronger medication to manage her pain.

I hope this information helps.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Please remember I am here for you and am happy to discuss your question until you are satisfied with the answer I've provided. You may return to this page at any time to review this information and/or post more. You may do so even after you've ACCEPTED my answer and rated my response. I'll be notified of your response via email and will do my best to help you.

If you are satisfied with the information I've provided, please take a moment to ACCEPT my answer and rate my response. I've done my best to provide you with the most accurate, thorough and up-to-date information that is available, and your positive feedback is important to me. Without it, I receive no compensation for helping you.

If you are not satisfied, please let me know how else I may be of assistance.

Thank you for using our website.

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to ask how things are going with Maddie. I know you're going through a difficult time and I've been worried.

Please remember I am here to help if you have any questions.

If you are satisfied with the information I've already provided, please take a moment to rate my response to close your question.

If you are not, please let me know how else I may be of assistance.

Thank you.