Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.
This is a fairly large ingestion. IF this was just ingested within the past hour I would advise you induce vomiting or take your dog in for your veterinarian to induce vomiting right now. Let me know if you need hints on how to try to do this at home. Our goal is to get back up the capsule.
If it has been longer than an hour, then it is unclear if this will be a problem. Symptoms of toxicity can include profound lethargy to agitation, muscle tremors, and vocalizations. I must recommend you have him seen because your vet can do supportive care (intravenous fluid therapy and perhaps some decontamination with things like activated charcoal) over the next 24 hours and then he should be fine.
I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialogue in this setting.
I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.
Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.
My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.
If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.