Dr. Ann M.
Dr. Ann M., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  ER and general medicine Veterinarian since 2005
15015521

My dog has a spot on her face that is circular and raw. she

Customer Question

my dog has a spot on her face that is circular and raw. she will not let it heal. can I use a & d oinment. now I don't have any money to take her to the vet. been unemployed for 4 months and no unemployment coming in.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed, internship-trained veterinarian with 10 years experience in general medicine and emergency and critical care medicine and I would be happy to assist you. Please be patient as there may be slight delays in responses as I research your pet's issue.

I would not use A and D. I would buy some Neosporin cream and some hydrocortisone cream and I would apply them, alternatingly, every 6 hours. For instance, at 6am you would apply Neosporin, then at noon you would apply hydrocortisone, then at 6pm you would apply neosporin, and so on. I would also give her 1mg/lb of benadryl every 8-12 hours until this is healed.

I hope that I have answered your question thoroughly. If you still have questions, please reply. If you feel that I have provided anything less than excellent service, please reply to me first before rating my service and let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you for your question; it has been a pleasure being able to provide assistance. Best of luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome. :)

Expert:  Dr. Ann M. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Sugar. How is everything going?
Dr. Ann M.