Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

My 9lb pom ate a 100mg rimadyl

Customer Question

My 9lb pom ate a 100mg rimadyl
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.

Hello there. I am sorry to hear about your little one eating this dose of rimadyl. This dose is high enough to cause some stomach upset and you will want to induce vomiting if possible. I would give your pom 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide by mouth and wait 15 minutes. If vomiting occurs then perfect. If not you can repeat up to 3 times until vomiting is induced. If you can get your dog to vomit then most of the medication should come out with the vomit as long as it has been eaten within the past 45 minutes or so. If you cannot get vomiting induced or if it has been longer than an hour I would recommend having your dog seen by an emergency hospital to get treatment to help prevent some of the side effects of a dose of this level. Again if you can get your dog to vomit then no major side effects should be seen.

I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for my time. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it one tsp or tablespoon.

Tablespoon

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. I am happy to help. Please do not forget to rate my response for the time I have spent so I receive credit. Thank you!