Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My husband was walking our Standard Poodle, Jaycee (1.5 yr,

Customer Question

My husband was walking our Standard Poodle, Jaycee (1.5 yr, female) on a sand road right next to the ocean front, in At. Augustine FL (we are on vacation), and she started hacking, like something is stuck in her throat. He brought her back to our condo. I fed her some soft bread, and encouraged her to drink water, and eat ice chips...she was happy to do so, however the hacking did not subside. She tried to throw up several times, and after going outside and eating some grass, she succeeded. She is clearly having a hard time swallowing, but is continuing to drink water and trying to hack something up This has been going on for about an hour. What should we do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Did he see her eat anything?

What did her vomit look like?

Is she breathing comfortably?

Are her gums pink?