Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a dog and cat veterinarian with a lifetime of experience in our family veterinary hospital.
23511967

My dog is a chihuahua. At night she start to sweat during

Customer Question

My dog is a chihuahua. At night she start to sweat during the night. Does this has to do with may be liver problems?she sleep in air conditioning
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with Sydney. I know it can be frustrating and a bit scary when things go awry.

Dogs don't actually sweat like humans, so if her bedding or clothing is wet, I would start looking to see where the moisture is coming from. It could be that she is leaking urine or salivating quite a lot, or the moisture could be coming from somewhere other than Sydney. Liver problems can sometimes cause a pet to drink a lot more than usual, which could cause them to urinate in their sleep, so that's one thing to check for.

Please let me know what other questions I can answer for you - we can chat back and forth until I've covered them all.

~Dr. Sara

Expert:  Doc Sara replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Sydney. How is everything going?
Doc Sara