petdrz
petdrz, Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience caring for dogs and cats
21300550

My dog's body temperature swings between 102.4 and 103.4

Customer Question

My dog's body temperature swings between 102.4 and 103.4 (usually warmer at night). He has been having inflammation of some sort but the medication (Temaril P) completely kills his appetite. Should I continue to give him the pill or let him heal on his
own? He is also shivering and coughs and gags whenever he gets up (difficulty in breathing).
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have been waiting for a response. I recently just logged onto the site and noted that your question hasn't yet been answered. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 25 years’ experience and would be happy work with you if you are still needing assistance.

Is the difficulty breathing a new problem or has it been occurring for awhile?

Why was the Temaril P prescribed?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.