Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I applied the revolution 40-85 pound dose on my 30 pound 16

Customer Question

I applied the revolution 40-85 pound dose on my 30 pound 16 week old puppy. Not realizing it was the in correct dose. What should I do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Now I do again apologize that my colleagues were not online when you posted your question. Still, I do just want to let you know that this isn't a dire situation. Use of the 40-85lb version is a double dose of the product. And I can tell you that when the company that makes Revolution tested its safety, it found that when used at 3x, 5x, and 10x the recommended dose in six-week-old puppies, no adverse reactions were seen. So, a double dose should cause no real harm here. We could see some short term GI upset or skin irritation, but we'd not expect any severe signs. So, you can wash off the excess using dish soap and cool water. You can also offer a light diet while you monitor, but we'd not expect any harm here.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
nekovet