Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My cockapoo just sallowed a popsicle stick.

Customer Question

my cockapoo just sallowed a popsicle stick.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.
There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

1- Did you see him swallow it? If so, did he chew it?

2- Did the stick have any sharp edges?

3- How big was it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw him sallow it. He ate the ice cream and the stick with it. I don't think he chewed the stick at all. the corners are rounded. It was about 4 inches long. I little kid held it out to him. I looked online last night and it seems Riley isn't the first dog to sallow a popsicle stick. Hopefully it will pass in a couple days. Kathy
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Hello, It appears your first expert had to leave the conversation. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. How is Riley doing? Do you still need help?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I agree, there is a good chance he will pass it. As long as he is eating and drinking and not vomiting, just keep watching and monitoring. A Popsicle stick probably would not show up on an Xray. Let me know if I can be of further help, and let me know how he is doing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's doing fine so far, eating ,playing & pooping. He isn't showing any signs of distress or pain. Kathy
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

Glad to hear it! Keep me updated.